- Use our own satellite tracked vehicles and security cleared drivers
- Full UK coverage with no minimum collection quantities
- Full Environmental Permit and Authorised Treatment Facility
- 96.4% client retention rate since 1999
- ADISA accredited (Asset Disposal & Information Security Alliance)
- Members of ICER (Industry Council for Electronic Equipment Recycling)
- Safe Contractor accredited
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited and ISO 27001 compliant
- Investors in People accredited
- Security cleared staff
- Open book pricing policies with guaranteed rebates
- Data wiping and certification to the highest recognised standards
- Comprehensive asset reporting
- Customer employee purchase schemes managed FOC
- No hidden extras
Our flexible approach enables us to assess our customers’ requirements on a case-by-case basis and thus provide an accurate and fair cost prior to a project being undertaken.
In order to provide this assessment, WEEE Shred UK will request an asset inventory detailing approximate specification and quantities of equipment to be retired. From this list and through our extensive broker channel, we will advise as to whether there is any residual value in the equipment, which will be used to offset associated retirement costs.
WEEE Shred UK recognises that in many cases IT departments do not have the time or resource to carry out an inventory of equipment of large bulk quantities. In these instances, WEEE Shred UK can attend site and carry out this inventory on our customers’ behalf.
We use our own vehicles and drivers and will collect equipment from any mainland UK location at a pre agreed time that suits you. Every collection is returned to our processing centre same day.
Our modern fleet of vehicles are equipped with the very latest satellite tracking systems and all our drivers are security cleared. Our vehicles are issued with appropriate IT equipment cages and packaging to ensure safe transit and limit possible damage to sensitive IT equipment.
Equipment can be collected loose, caged or palletized.
Once returned to our approved recycling partner, all equipment is segregated into non-hazardous and hazardous equipment. Equipment is further segregated into PC’s, laptops, printers, monitors and servers. All other equipment is classified as general equipment.
Every item of equipment is bar-coded and allocated its own unique asset number to facilitate future audit trails. Equipment ID, specification and details of condition are taken and uploaded into the asset.
On the day of collection, we provide both a Duty of Care Transfer Note and Hazardous Waste Consignment Note, which have to be signed by both the customer and a WEEE Shred representative.
A comprehensive asset report is produced for every collection. Every item of equipment except for minor peripherals is logged into the asset report. Asset reports are forwarded in electronic format.
A typical asset report will include the following information as a minimum, although additional information can be added if required.
- Make, model and specification of each item of equipment
- Unique barcode asset number for each item of equipment
- Equipment condition (Grade)
- Customer asset number if applicable
- Equipment serial number
- Data erase certification for individual hard drives
- Confirmation of resale or disposal
- Additional comments
- Collection summary
Our service offering is extensive, ranging from the collection and disposal of a few mice through to the on-going management of equipment retirement and redeployment for large corporate customers. Although tailorable our basic service offerings can be summarised as follows:
- Onsite audit
- Collections and logistics
- Equipment auditing including asset report
- Equipment refurbishment and remarketing
- Equipment refurbishment, management and redeployment
- Data erasing
- On-site Hard Drive Destruction